Our Citizen Space Quick Start Guide to creating a consultation is a great resource for building your consultation for the first time. This article talks you through creating an Online Survey, and pulls together useful links from across the Knowledge Base.
The very first thing to do is to add your consultation and give it an overview, then you can begin to create your online survey.
For the Overview, on the Consultation Dashboard select option 1. Edit Consultation Details.
Complete the relevant details in Edit Consultation Details to build your Overview page - you can find information on how to complete this part in our 'Citizen Space initial consultation set up: Detailed instructions' article. Then, return to the consultation dashboard.
Now, select option 2. Online Survey.
Step 1 - Online survey settings
The first page you will see is 'Online Survey Settings'. Here you can:
- Edit the link which takes respondents into the survey
- Choose the numbering style for your questions
- Set the consultation progression format (linear or non-linear survey)
- Add introductory text for the contents page of a non-linear survey
- Edit the completion message and email acknowledgement text
Step 2 - Add Pages and Questions to your survey
Now, you are ready to add your pages and questions.
When you begin, there will already be one 'Introduction' page in your survey. This contains three default questions to get you started. You can choose to edit this page and to edit or remove the questions in it if you wish.
To add your own first page, follow the instructions in this article, which explains how to add, edit and re-order pages.
Start adding questions to your pages. Read more about adding questions here.
Read these related articles for more information:
- What's the difference between a radio button and a check box?
- What are saved questions?
- How do I change the numbering styles of my questions?
- How do I change the structure of my consultation?
- How do I reorder questions?
- How do I reorder pages?
Step 3 - Add Extras
Read more about how to add in extra details such as images, documents and links to your pages and questions, via the following articles:
- How do I add a logo or change the theme of my consultation?
- How do I copy and paste information from a Word document into my consultation?
- How do I add documents or internet links to my consultation?
- How do I add images to my consultation?
- How do I embed rich media (such as YouTube videos, SlideShare presentations, etc.) into my consultation?
- How do I embed a document into my consultation?
Step 4 - Preview Your Consultation
You can preview your consultation at any time and can skip directly to certain pages and questions if you wish. To preview, you can click Preview consultation from the consultation dashboard:
For more help on how to make the most of the preview functionality Citizen Space provides, have a gander at this article on Previewing.
If you need sign off on your consultation before publishing, the following article explains how to send a preview to a colleague who does not have a Citizen Space administrator log-in - How do I send a preview of my consultation to a non-Citizen Space administrator for sign off?
Step 5 - Publish Your Consultation
When you're totally happy and ready to publish your consultation, head to the consultation dashboard and select the big, green Publish button: