Please note: while the written guidance in this article should be up to date, the screenshots may not be. Please bear with us. We’re carrying out work to update all the screenshots in the Knowledge Base for Citizen Space 7 and (hopefully) to automate the process for future. Thank you for your patience!
If you find that you cannot publish your activity, there may be a number of reasons why:
1) You are attempting to publish from a suspended Department
If a department has been suspended in Citizen Space, a user within that department will be unable to publish.
There are a few ways to correct this:
- The Site Admin or Department Admin could reinstate the department
- The owner could be moved to a different, open department before adding and publishing the activity
2) All necessary information has not been entered
It is necessary to add details for all required fields before you may publish your activity. If you have not entered all of the required information, you will see the following message once you have clicked the Save button in the 'Edit Activity Details' section:
You can then enter the missing information and click Save again in order to publish.
3) Publishing permissions may be restricted on your Citizen Space
We may have been asked by your organisation to limit the ability to publish activities to site admins or site and department admins only. We will be able to check whether this is the case and can let you know. If so, your site admin will need to publish your activity for you.