What are private consultations?
Private consultations can be used to consult with specific audiences, rather than the wider public. They allow you to consult on internal issues, or with a particular audience, without that consultation being publicly visible.
Private consultations are not publicly searchable and do not feature in the forthcoming, open and closed lists of consultations on the Consultation Hub homepage. They are given an obfuscated URL which you will need to share with your intended audience.
What can I use them for?
Private Consultations can be used for:
- employee satisfaction or other internal surveys
- consulting specific stakeholder groups
- engaging with citizen panel groups
- any survey or consultation which you do not wish to be publicly visible
How do I set up a Private Consultation?
1. To create a Private Consultation, first add a Citizen Space consultation as usual.
2. From your consultation's dashboard, select option 1. 'Edit Consultation Details'.
3. On the Edit Consultation Details page there is a Private Consultation section with a checkbox option to Make this consultation private. Select the checkbox and go down to the bottom of the page to Save.
Once a consultation is made private, the pathname (the last part of the URL) becomes alpha-numeric, and the consultation will not be publicly searchable in the Citizen Space consultation finder.
It's worth knowing that you will not be able to edit this last part of the URL as you would normally.
How do I share my private consultation?
Once you have set up your private consultation using the steps provided, copy the Consultation URL from the the Edit Consultation Details page. You can then e.g. share the URL on your intranet or email the URL out to your intended audience.
Alternatively, when you publish your private consultation the URL will be provided on the consultation dashboard for you to copy and share with your intended audience.
Please note: Private Consultations are not password-protected, nor will they ensure that only a certain group of people will respond to the consultation.