There are a number of things we need to collect from you to be able to build your Budget Simulator, this article gives you a checklist of items so that you can work through exactly what is needed.
Your Budget Simulator URL
You'll need to decide on your preferred URL.
- For an English-language Simulator this will follow the format of https://<your-name-here>.budgetsimulator.com.
- If you are having a translated Simulator e.g. the same site in a different language, you will you need to provide a second URL.
- The format of the URL in a language other than English will be https://<your-translated-name-here>.budgetsimulator.com.
Your organisation's logo
Your organisation's logo will feature in the welcome page header and act as a link back to your website. You need to supply a version which can be easily scaled by width for use on mobile devices.
- Dimensions for normal desktop logo: recommended width is 500px and max height is 100px
- Dimensions for mobile screen logo: 100px x 100px.
Your theming colours
We have a theming guide article that acts as a visual back up to this list of deployment requirements, helping you identify which bits of the Simulator interface can be changed. In particular it will be useful to help you understand how many theming colours you can choose and where they go. We have an article showing some examples of how other organisations have chosen to style their Budget Simulator, which may help.
- Option 1. Choose from our preset accessibility tested colour options
- Option 2. Use your own corporate colours
If you chose your own corporate colours please be mindful that we will test them for accessibility, and may need to make some changes if they do not pass. Not to worry - we will consult you every step of the way to make sure the colours are on brand for your organisation.
Your banner image needs to be supplied to us - sized ideally around: 2048 x 410 pixels. Keep in mind that this banner image can really stand out from the page so think of an image that will compliment the theming colours you have chosen and be visually appealing in the 2048 x 410 pixel format.
You can add up to 10 custom demographics questions subject to formatting constraints.
When you provide us with the questions please ensure they are the final approved version.
For a Budget Simulator in any other language than English don't forget you will also need to provide translations of your questions.
If you would like to place social media widgets on the welcome and/or thank you page, simply let us know.
- Option 1. Sharing widgets
- Option 2. Follow Widgets
If you are purchasing a multi-language Budget Simulator we can create a widget on the welcome page that provides the user with links to the version(s) in other languages.