This article is for Citizen Space Geospatial. Please speak to your account manager if you are interested in learning more about it.
There are 2 main components to updating your background map:
- Choosing the tileset — what the background map looks like to users
- Setting the starting view of the map — the zoom and centre point of the map when it loads
Choosing your tileset
Your tileset will be set automatically from your master account's default settings. You can either chose to keep it this way or change it to better suit your specific map's purpose.
- Choose your preferred tileset from the dropdown in the form
- The map will update with a preview of the selected tileset
- Click save changes before you leave the page to confirm
Setting the starting view
By setting a centre point and a zoom level for your map you determine what the map will look like when it first loads for a user.
This means you can focus attention on a specific part of the map, whilst still enabling users to contextualise that location in the wider map area if they chose to pan or zoom out.